This page is for petitions, a successor to the "Ideas for GFE" threads.
- A. General
- 1. Petitions are a way for any user to bring up an idea/suggestion/complaint before any discussion phase.
- 2. This prevents certain unpopular/unnecessary topics from being discussed in an official format.
- 3. This allows all ideas/suggestions to be discussed in their own space and outside of chat meetings.
- B. Process
- 1. Ask a bureaucrat if they would endorse something to go straight to discussion before creating a petition. This would allow skipping the petition process if necessary.
- 2. A page will be created for all petitions to be added and listed.
- 3. Any user can start a petition.
- 4. Once the petition receives three (3) endorsements from the community, the petition can go to an official discussion.
- 5. Petitions automatically expire after six (6) months. Afterward, a user can recreate an expired petition if they wish.
- 6. If a petition receives at least ten (10) opposes and no supports after one (1) week, the petition may be closed.
- 1. Replace TITLE with the title of your petition in the box below. If you are making a second petition of the same name, add "/2" after your title. If it's a third petition, add "/3," etc.
- 2. Click "submit."
- 3. When you submit, fill out the information on the resulting page and then save the page.
- 4. Copy and paste the following under "open petitions" of this page, replacing "TITLE" with your the title of your petition:
- Example: [[ESB:Petitions/TITLE]]
- 5. If you are making a second petition with the same name, add "/2" to the page name below:
- Example: [[ESB:Petitions/TITLE/2]]
- 6. For subsequent petitions, add "/3", "/4," "/5", etc.